Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

One Hour Twenty Three Minutes and Thirteen Seconds...



...that's how long it took my dear friend, Laura, and I to walk our 10K this last weekend in Wenatchee. The weather was amazing and God's creation was breath-taking! This was the first race I have ever been a part of and it was such a great experience. Laura and I said a number of times we should have just walked the half-marathon...I think we were too chicken to originally sign up for it, but once we were out walking and our adrenaline was pumping I think we would've pulled it off! My goal was to walk the 6.2 miles in less than an hour and a half and I was just pleased to accomplish that.




Still Smiling!


Besides the 10K walk, we had such a great time hanging out with our friends over the weekend. Laura's husband, Kyle, attended Multnomah the same time Andy was there and the doors to our apartments were about 8 feet away from each other. We have so many great memories with Kyle and Laura and we thank the Lord that we get to continue to make memories with them and our families even now. We each have three kids so when we get together there are 6 busy little kiddos running around!

Here are the highlights from our weekend getaway:
*Snow was falling on Steven's Pass Friday morning...I just LOVE snow!
*The Food...the Strong's always make the BEST food!
*Laura's J5 coffee...Yum!
*Sun shining, with a light breeze during our 10K walk...BEAUTIFUL!
*Lots of Laughter!
*Kids playing outside, riding scooters and bikes, throwing balls, hitting trees with sticks...yay for spring time in Wenatchee!
*Kids going to "Touch A Truck" and getting to sit in and play around BIG trucks!
*Hope lost her 2nd tooth!

We thank the Lord for good friends and the blessing of a safe trip!




Josiah and his friend Maddeck

No comments: