Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Andy's MDiv Graduation

A couple of weekends ago we headed to Portland for Andy to walk in his MDiv graduation at Western Seminary. The last six years have been the hardest, yet most rewarding years of our lives/marriage. We have seen God work in miraculous ways. Oh how I would love to print every single detail of how God has been faithful and answered prayer and proved over and over again how great HE is, but I honestly don't think I am at the point yet to be able to put everything into words. I have been praying for a time to be able to do that, somehow share our story, our complete story. I mean I know our story isn't complete, but it seems like a season or a chapter has come to a close. Anyways, I have typed and backspaced and typed and backspaced...just not feeling like now is the time to share...but hopefully someday soon it will all come spewing out. For now all I want to do is give God ALL the Praise, Honor and Glory He rightly deserves and proclaim the excellencies of Him! I am thankful for a dear friend who shared Psalm 67 with me this week and it just fits our life right now:

May God be gracious to us and bless us and make His face shine upon us, that Your way may be known on earth, Your saving power among all nations. Let the peoples praise You, O God; let all the peoples praise You! Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for You judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. Let the peoples praise You, O God; let all the peoples praise You! The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, shall bless us. God shall bless us; let all the ends of the earth fear Him!




The Processional

Andy getting "Hooded" by Dr. Laney

Andy getting his degree and being surprised by an award he was given:



Andy was awarded the Arthur B. Whiting Award in Biblical Literature

Andy with Dr. J. Carl Laney, his Bible prof.

2 comments:

kim said...

good pictures of you all. I will have some that I took for you too.

The Strongs said...

Congrats to Andy! We are so proud of ALL of you for this huge accomplishment. How cool he got a special award ... not surprising ... but so cool!!