Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Past Week

I really enjoy the 2-3 year old stage because there is so much learning, imagination and growth happening and I love to see this develop in my children. This last week Josiah turned 2 1/2 years old. I was one who said I would never call this stage "the terrible two's", but am now considering using this phrase. On the morning of Thursday, January 22nd I walked downstairs at 7:15am to find a dozen raw broken eggs all over the carpet, the couch and the wall and Joey was standing there with the empty egg carton. (No, I do not have any pictures!). It was a complete mess and I did have to take a few moments to just cry, but now I can look back and see yet another little challenge we survived! :)



Also, this last week Livia Mae turned 1 month old. I have no idea where the last 4 weeks went? She started smiling and cooing this last week and continues to bring so much joy to our lives. She is doing well at falling into routine with good sleep and awake cylces and eating well in between.


Our Hope continues to make me stop in my tracks each day...I can't believe she will be 4 years old in two months. She is growing into such a sweet young girl. She is my amazing helper during the day (I don't think I could survive without her). I love watching her skip around the house, change her clothes for dress up at least 10 times each day, and see her beautiful smile. I notice many things she does and says are imitations of me and it makes me really reflect on how I'm living my life each day. I pray she is seeing Jesus in me and will make that same decision someday to follow Him and live her life the way He commands us to in the Bible.













1 comment:

The Strongs said...

You probably don't want to hear this but where did tiny Hope go? She looks so much older in every picture that I see. I just can't believe it! I can't believe Maddeck is going to be 3 in just over a month. They grow up so fast. Miss you.